Our sixth Invesco Global Sovereign Asset Management Study seeks to provide unique insights into the investment objectives and behaviours of sovereign investors during a challenging investment environment.
Despite the strong performance of equity markets through 2017, sovereigns face continued geo-political shocks, growing concerns over trade wars and uncertainty over interest rates as we see the end of quantitative easing and shift to quantitative tightening.
It’s within this current macro-economic environment that we have sought to provide further insights into the investment objectives and behaviours of sovereign investors through 126 face-to-face interviews with leading sovereign wealth funds, state pension funds and central banks with total assets under management exceeding $17 trillion.
We’ve looked to build on the frameworks and analysis from our previous sovereign studies while covering new ground through five new themes in 2018:
1. The growth in strategic asset allocations to equities.
2. Private markets are seen as the portfolio's "all-rounder"
3. Sovereign investors have a commercial approach to fees and expenses
4. Central bank reserve objectives are broadening
5. Cryptocurrencies are a watching brief
To explore more please visit our dedicated microsite: http://igsams.invesco.com/
To download the report, click Download PDF